Wednesday, November 3, 2010

On the Verge of Somethinng Wonderful

Okay guys I am back. Yes, already. What can I say? I couldn't stay away from blogging for long. Blogging may actually be my new addiction (which at least I won't gain any weight by writing heehee). I just love to write and love sharing stuff with others and I apologize if its too much, but I will be the first to admit I am unabashedly long winded (we all have the things we were gifted with). And as you can tell, I can make a long story exponentially longer with my incredible and amazing gift for gab. But I digress. Back to the subject at hand which is the wonderful and exciting news I received today. I am a poet as I have already said, but I have never ever taken the plunge of actually trying to get published...........until recently. I finally had a life changing moment occur where I realized that what good was all the words I had spoken if I was not willing to share them with others. So I started shipping around my poetry to publishers. And I sent off my manuscript to two firms last week and I heard back from both today. The one publisher wants to get started publishing right now and says that my poetry is some of the best he has ever seen (but I do take that with a grain of salt because, well, he is trying to sell me his services and what better way than by buttering me up). The other publishing company said they will get back to me in about 10 days or so. So here is my dilemna. Should I go with the one that has already offered their service? I still have to go through the editing and marketing process and make a plan and, of course, pay for the service but he seemed genuinely thrilled about the prospect of my work getting out there. Or should I wait for the other one to contact me and then compare the two? Or should I maybe see if I can get two books published ( I honestly don't know if that is even allowed)? So many questions and yet, I can't stop floating across the sky with this news. I am on the cusp of success. I am on the verge of something wonderful, something amazing, something I used to only dream of. I am on my way to making my dreams happen and living my dreams. I am so deliriously happy right now at the thought, the mere prospect, of me being a published poet. How fucking sweet is that? I can't help but be super excited about this!!!!!!!! I feel like my life is finally moving forward and in the direction I want and need it to go. And I have done it on my own. I stopped waiting around for fate to intervene. I believe in fate totally and  completely but I have also come to realize that fate is in our hands. Fate sets us up to get to the finish line but we have to be willing to go the rest of the way on our own or we will never get there. Fate only takes us so far. I am going the rest of the way. I am motivated and committed to getting this book published. Hopefully, very soon, I will be able to give out more detailed info such as title and release date. I won't know what to do when I actually see my name on the front cover of a book in a bookstore or online somewhere. What a fucking trip that will be!!!!!!!!!!! So, everyone please keep checking in to see when this first (of many more) will become available to you. I may actually start to post some of my poems on here and I am going to also start doing poetry readings on youtube as well. I just want to get the word out there to as many people as I can that my book is on the horizon.....................................................which is some kind of wonderful as yet undefined by my mind!!!!!

Until next time
Best regards

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment