Thursday, November 11, 2010

American Pride

Good morning everyone!! I hope all is going well in your neck of the woods as I know its going fantastically, superbly, beyond amazingly well in mine. I feel as if I am walking in the clouds right now and have the urge to climb a mountain and scream at the top of my lungs. But I will get to that in a few moments. First things first.

Today is a very important national observance. It is one of the truly special day of rememberances we have. Today is Veteran's Day and I feel the need to take a few minutes to say thank you to all of those men and women who have fought and/or died for our continued freedom. They have endured so much for all of us so that we have the freedom to speak and write what is on our minds and to worship whatever god or gods we choose. If not for their sacrifices, we would not be able to express ourselves as freely as we can now. These men and women are the epitome of brave and courageous. I know that saying thank you is NOT nearly enough to repay them for everything they have put into the fight, but I will say it loudly and resoundingly: THANK YOU!!! You are all remembered and honored as the true heroes you are. And whether you are for war or not, as I am a strong pacifist and don't agree with most wars, you cannot be against the people who go out and fight in them so bravely and honorably. That takes immense strength and way more courage than most of us have inside. I am taking a moment now to bow my head and remember all of our heroes from the past, those who are presently serving in harm's way, and to any future men and women who dedicate themselves to preserving our freedom and liberty. Without them, we would not be sitting as pretty as we are. Yes, this country has problems, but one of them we don't have is lack of liberty or freedom. And that is because we have some extremely good men and women to thank. And we should not just do this on Veterans' Day, but on every single day we are alive. These people deserve our unending praise and unwavering support. God bless every last one of them.

Okay, now that I have given credit and respect where it is due, I am going to give you guys the GREATEST NEWS EVER!!! I am simply over the moon about this. I really can't even believe I am getting ready to type this but, I am getting pubished. Yes that is right. My poetry is going to be put out in a book for people to buy. I don't know what else to say other than I am truly blessed and feel like I am walking on air. But the fact is, this is only the beginning. There is an old Chinese proverb that says "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step". Well, this is my single step. Onwards and upwards is the direction I am headed now and I couldn't be more thrilled. I feel as if this is only the beginning. I know that I have lots more dreams to accomplish and I am not settling for this, as amazing as this is. I simply have started down a path to having all of my dreams and hopes realized. And I am here to tell everyone that if you want to achieve your dreams, believe in yourself enough to make it happen. Don't sit back and wait on fate to intervene. Because guess what? We will never get there if we wait and maintain the status quo. We have to get off our asses and work for it. Then we can and will accomplish our goals. I finally realized this truth I just shared with you and, yes I feel as if I waited longer than I should have as I am now in my late twenties. But it is never too late to reach your full potential and have your dreams realized. I can tell you that for a certainty.

I hope that everyone of you finds that belief in yourself and that you reach your full potential. You can and will get there, I have no doubts of that. Just keep the faith and never let anyone, including yourself, hold you back from going for what you want. Dream big and dare to live them!!!! I am sitting here rooting you on and cheering you with everything I have inside. I KNOW you can do it!!! Now go out and do it.

I will be keeping you all updated and informed on my book as more details emerge but as of right now, I am just elated to know that I am getting some of my work published. That is enough for me in the present moment to keep me motivated and driven to continue on in my pursuit of following my heart and living my dreams!!!

And it is not lost on me that a big reason why any of this is even possible for me or anyone else is because of our true American heroes who have fought on the front lines and bled and died in some cases so that you and I have the ability, the freedom and the liberty to follow our dreams and accomplish our goals. If they had not been willing to sacrifice it all, I would not be so free to express myself and do what I am passionate about and share it with others. So once more I commend every single one of our soldiers, past, present and future for all their bravery.

Until next time,
Best regards to all
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment