Thursday, November 18, 2010

Living in the Surreal World!!!!

Hello everyone!! I am back after a little lay off there. I hope you enjoyed the break cause I have been re-energized and refreshed for much more blogging this week. Sorry for being so AWOL lately but it is hard and tremendously challenging work getting a book ready to be published. I have been in the trenches trying to get all the details finalized. I can now report to you that my book has a title, Lamentations of an Idealistic Individual, and that its release date will be some time in the earlier part of the year (we are shooting for some time in February, or early March). So at that point in time, I will be up so high in the clouds I will not ever come down because it has been my dream since I can remember to have a book published. I have longed for that day to happen and now I am on the cusp of it and I just want to shout out FUCK YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To everyone who has ever had a dream, keep dreaming and don't ever stop believing that you will one day live it. I spent years shoving my dreams aside and living for others and settling for less than I deserved. I always told myself some day. Well, that day is now here. It has arrived and I can only imagine what it will feel like whenever I get to hold an actual live copy of my book. It will probably sink in then because right now, it still feels like my mind is playing tricks on me and that its all just a beautiful dream I don't want to wake up from. And so, if is a dream, don't wake me up. Please just let me sleep. I want to breathe this all in forever and never let any part of this pass me by. I love the fact I am almost actually there. I am almost a published author. I was looking over my initial book lay out yesterday and the first page said Copyright 2010 by Melissa Knepp and I nearly fell out of my chair because OMG OMG OMG, that is ME!!! I am the legal copyright owner of all of those words inside. And it also says no one can copy or reproduce any of it without the author's written consent, which again means ME!!! Guys, I don't know what to say truly. I feel elated, stunned, and happier than can ever be imagined!!! I only hope that others go out and take a chance on my book and buy a copy. And not because I will make some money, because I will, but because I truly can't think of  a better gift to give someone than inspiration. I love to feel inspired and I hope that by my words, others can be implanted with a seed of inspiration. If that happens, then I know all this hard work and staying up until five a.m. to check and revise and edit and read is worth it. My dream is becoming a reality, and I am so thrilled beyond measure to be living this reality!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Until next time,
Best regards to everyone
Mel

2 comments:

  1. I am just SO incredibly excited for you, Mel! I can't wait for the day when you aren't just looking at the proof of your name in copyright lights, but the hard copy and your dream is realized and then some!

    While I know that there can't be anything easy about the legwork and the little details of making it happen, still---enjoy every second of it. This is your moment, and the first of many, I think! :)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Deb, thank YOU so much for that!! I really and truly am enjoying each and every second of this amazing and uniquely beautiful journey I am on and I have only just begun!!! There are many more poems and many more dreams I have out there left to share with others!!

    ReplyDelete