Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Best Gift

Hello everyone!!! I hope you all had a very wonderful and blessed Christmas and that Santa treated you well and brought you everything on your wish list. I got most of mine fulfilled, except I was uber disappointed to NOT have the Michael Jackson Experience wrapped up with my name on it. I would absolutely go beyong insane to have the chance to actually dance like the King of Pop. Not that I would come anywhere close to that greatness but still, I would really love to try!! Oh well, there is always next year or there is my birthday coming up in just a few weeks (and yes that is a hint to all my friends and family out there). I got so many wonderful gifts though and the ironic thing is I didn't receive very many. I got more joy and pleasure out of giving than I got in receiving this year. It is so true that the greater gift is in the giving than the receiving. I had such a great experience and felt such an amazing sense of joy and happiness when I saw the smiles on the faces of my nieces when they opened the presents I got for them. To have them be so satisfied and happy made me feel on top of the world. I truly believe that I could not receive any greater gift in life than that moment of pure joy I received when I saw their reactions to my presents. That is what makes Christmas so wonderful. Those moments are the ones that I live for and love the most. Those amazing moments are so incredible that they make all the bad moments and the less than ideal moments worth it. Life is hard at times and can be so dark and sad and you can find yourself in the lowest valleys at times. But then you experience those moments that just make it all worth it. The moments that are so amazing it erases all the pain and overrides all the heartache and the bitterness. I find it so awesome to live those type of moments due to how alive they make you feel. I have had my share of disappointments in my life and I have had my share of pain but I know that going through all that rain and all that darkness makes me appreciate the sunny weather and the light even more. And my nieces' smiles are as bright as the sun on the brightest, hottest, most gorgeous summer day. And I wouldn't trade that moment for all the gold in the world. And I can also say that if I have to go through more pain and more heartache just to get to that type of moment again, I will endure it all. Because in my opinion, which is based on my nearly twenty seven years experience, life is one heck of a ride full of ups and downs and peaks and valleys. But every single second should be appreciated for the precious jewel it is. I don't know if any of you out there feel the same way as me but I hope if any of you are struggling through hard times and feel as if it is useless to keep going or it won't get better or it's too hard to keep going, just remember this: life is bittersweet but drink it up, every last drop.

Until next time
Wishing you all a very happy and safe New Year
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment