Monday, February 28, 2011

Long Time, No Blog

Hey everybody

It seems as if it has been forever since the last time I posted one of these. I started doing this blog to keep up with the regular goings on in my life but I have found it harder and harder to keep this updated as the months have gone on. I hope that this finds you all well and in good health and good spirits. I know that a few of us are struggling out there, whether it be physically, emotionally, financially or spiritually. It is tough I know. But it will get better. Trust me on that. And when you see the sun shining through the clouds again, you will bask in the rays like never before. But just keep your head up marching forward and know that you are not alone. I am right there beside you, cheering you on and standing beside you. You can do it. Please believe in yourself as much as I believe in you. And please also know that you are never alone.

So I have to make this quick as a I am short on time yet again, but I just wanted to say a couple things. First of all, I hope you all have gotten a chance to get out and buy my book, Lamentations of an Idealistic Individual. If you have bought your copy, thanks so much. And if you haven't, what in the world is wrong with you? Get up now and go get it. Just kidding. If you don't buy  a copy, I won't hold it against you. But I do truly appreciate all the support. Thanks and keep it up. It never gets old.

The other thing I have to say is please go out and volunteer. Whether you give your time, your money, or both, there is nothing like community service work to make your day. I love volunteering and donating whatever I can. To give something back to those who need it is one of the greatest joys a person can get. As for me, I am going to give blood and then am going to go see about volunteering at Habitat for Humanity. It's a cause I have always wanted to get involved in but that notorious excuse of I don't have any time kept holding me back. Well not anymore. I am going to become proactive today. And I am going to help people out by building their dreams, from the ground up. Won't you come help me? And if it is not Habitat for Humanity or donating blood, find a charitable organization that works for you. There are literally millions to chose from. But please, give yourself the best present you could ever receive and volunteer.

Until next time and I promise it won't be so long next time,
Mel

PS. I finally bit the bullet and started up a twitter account. Follow me at melknepp@twitter.com to get an inside handle of my life as I live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment